Oregon Poet Laureate
The Oregon Poet Laureate fosters the art of poetry, encourages literacy and learning, addresses central issues relating to humanities and heritage, and reflects on public life in Oregon.
The Oregon Cultural Trust’s mission is to lead Oregon in cultivating, growing and valuing culture as an integral part of communities. We do this by inspiring Oregonians to invest in a permanent fund that provides annual grants to cultural organizations.
Information about the Poet Laureate program, and how to request an appearance can be found on this website.
Please also check out our Facebook.
As the Oregon Poet Laureate, Kim Stafford makes public appearances at various events around the state. Check the calendar page for possible events near you.
- September 13 at 7pm, John Day – contact Kris Beal for more info
- September 14 at 7pm, Art in Burns reading, Burns
- September 15 at 9-11:30am, Art in Burns workshop, Burns
- September 15 at 5:30pm, In a Landscape with pianist Hunter Noack, Alvord Desert in Princeton
- September 22 at 9:30am, Reading and Conversation at Lewis & Clark College, Portland
- September 29 at 9am, keynote address at the Oregon State Poetry Association in Eugene
- September 29 at 2pm, Eugene Public Library
- October 13 at 10am-2pm, workshop & evening reading at the Curry County Library, Gold Beach
- October 18 at 1pm, Tillamook County Pioneer Museum
- October 20 at 2pm, Hood River Library
- October 21 at 2pm, Cannon Beach Library
- October 25 at 1pm, Oregon City High School
- October 27 at 4pm, Salem Public Library
- November 3 at 10am, Sitka Art Invitational
- November 4 at 1pm, Multnomah County Library
- November 6 at 7am, Pearl Rotary Club, Portland
- November 6 at 1:30pm, Maimonides Jewish School, Portland
- November 7 at 6:30pm, Tigard Public Library
- November 8 at 6pm, William Walker School, Beaverton
- November 14 at 7pm, Columbia Gorge Community College, The Dalles
- November 15 at 1pm, Blue Mountain Community College, Pendleton
- November 15 at 7pm, Pendleton Center for the Arts
- November 16 at 1pm, Tamástslikt, Umatilla Reservation, Pendleton
- November 17 from 1-4pm, Two Rivers Correctional Institution, Umatilla
- November 29 at 7pm, Stayton Public Library
- December 4 at 12pm, Newberg City Club
- December 4 at 6:30pm, Willamette Writers at The Old Church, Portland
- December 31 at 7pm, Trinity Episcopal Church, Portland
This project is supported in part by a grant from the Oregon Cultural Trust, investing in Oregon’s arts, humanities and heritage.
GET IN TOUCH